The AISECT – NSDC Association
The AISECT – NSDC Association – Skilling Indian Populace
India is currently at a strategic advantage due to the demographic dividend now being credited to the nation. We are comparatively younger to the major countries of this world. We are not able to reap the benefits of this dividend as major of our population is not skilled. WEFs 2011 Global Talent Risk Report has cautioned us that India and other countries will face huge skill gaps due to low employability skills of the populace. With an eye upon this report, Indian Government has set forth a process of training 5 crore people by 2022 out of which NSDC National Skill Development Corporation has been handed out a task of training and skilling 1.5 crore people.
AISECT has aimed at training 13 Lac candidates to bridge the skill gap through a nationwide association with NSDC National Skill Development Corporation, with a focus specifically on the rural and semi-urban areas. We target to achieve this through 11 core segmented areas after extensively studying the trends of the job markets in the areas as well as the states.
The pivotal points of AISECT’s MoU signed with NSDC National Skill Development Corporation are:
- Broaden skilling and training infrastructure in the interiors of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Orissa, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Punjab. Consequently, expand across the country.
- Hugely expand the trainer capabilities through “Trainer Development Programs” and usage of technology.
- Skilling youth through the 6000 CSC centers of AISECT, at Panchayat levels in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Punjab.
- Linking University level education with skill development programs and setting up Vocational Academies or Skill Resource Centers within the two AISECT Universities.
- Providing placement services to the trainees, to support the skilling programs.
- Expanding and developing the AISECT Content Creation Centre as the backbone of the ongoing skill development programs.
Following Regional AISECT-NSDC offices work towards delivering quality training across the major states: